[Clipart] Clipart Packages for Open Clipart

Adrian Sutton adrian at symphonious.net
Fri May 22 07:57:13 PDT 2009

Francis Bond pointed me to the source package from Ubuntu.  As far as
I can tell it doesn't build the open office packages even though it
should in theory.  Digging around the various source packages though
there is an openoffice.org-dev package which provides:
/usr/lib/openoffice/basis3.0/program/gengal

You can use this to build the sdg, sdv and thm files.

> Chovy and John wants this function anyway :) So maybe we can combine
> this.
> First write a function to get all cliparts for one tag. And the neyt
> step generate a packe for OO out of this.
>
> Chovy and John can you give adrian your idea how the export as zip
> should work?
> When it is clear Adrian can write a script for cchost (hope victor
> can help him to get in)

I think there are two good ways to achieve this. Both depend on
creating png versions of the images so they work nicely with OpenOffice.

The first is to be able to export tags - we then export each tag
individually and create a gallery from it.

The second approach is to have a way to build an open office release
that includes the various files in a suitable category/tag hierarchy.
This used to be how the releases were done, but the 0.19 release
categorised files by author which is far less useful.

The second approach serves my purposes a lot more, so I'm keen to look
into that route.  It should work out that both will be achieved at
once, since exporting a single category seems to be a reasonable
prerequisite to exporting all categories.  I could do with some help
getting a ccHost instance set up properly (mine runs but looks nothing
like the current beta site) and getting an overview of the database
schema.

I'll be hanging out on IRC this evening (sad as that is) and digging
into this to see what I can work out.

Cheers,

Adrian Sutton
http://www.symphonious.net