[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 62, Issue 25

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Fri May 22 20:07:07 PDT 2009

On May 22, 2009, at 7:36 PM, chovynz wrote:

> My question is, What is the point of having an externalsource tag
> without the location? If you really want, I can provide numerous
> examples from the current OCAL site. People use the External Source
> Submit form without thinking, or without filling it in with the
> external source material.

The purpose for me of external source is to say that the art is not of
the submitter's making and what we really need is some statement that
the submitter KNOWS that the image they are submitting is in the PD.
So we either want a link to a site that itself says it is in the PD or
what I often do, post the publication date which is clearly in the PD
range or state the it is say US government creation and by law is
public domain.  A creator can put their own creations into the PD, but
of course just finding something out on the web doesn't give one the
right to declare it PD>

So we already have that whole column of trackbacks when you select the
options button on the Beta site.  Would this be an additional column
in a similar style?  That one lists options of where you used the
clipart - website, blog, podcast,  or album  (once again showing the
music basis of ccHost).

John Olsen