[Clipart] metadata for cliparts

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Mon May 25 00:14:02 PDT 2009

On 05/23/2009 01:10 AM, Tobias Jakobs wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 23.05.2009, 08:07 +1200 schrieb chovynz:
>>
>> I'd like to understand more about metadata. Some of you guys have been
>> talking about it as if it's the holy grail.
>> For me, metadata is hidden information - I don't like hidden info.
>> That's about all I know. Never used it, never needed to - that I know
>> of.
>
> I'm sure you already used metadata. All the ID3 Tags in MP3 files are
> Metadata. Like the name of the song, the name of the band...
> And metadata don't need to be hidden. I thing the metadata should be
> visible every where it use full, like in a clipart browser, the
> website...

Other awesome uses for metadata:
- Creative Commons licenses in web pages allows you to search using the
major search engines for resources with an acceptable license to build upon;
- EXIF metadata in photos, without it my life as a photographer would be
much harder (I can look at a photo and see the focal length, aperture,
date it was taken and much more).

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/