[Clipart] CC Zero and Policies and DMCA

jon at rejon.org jon at rejon.org
Thu Dec 2 02:23:29 PST 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro> wrote:

> On 12/02/2010 10:58 AM, jon at rejon.org wrote:
>
>> I understand your feeling Nicu.
>>

> I abstained myself from commenting since I already expressed my opinion on
> this a few times and wanted to see what others have to say.
>

>  However, I was part of the creation of CC Zero and the updated CC PDM at
>> CC and it they were created to solve problems inspired by our project
>> and some others in particular in countries that don't have a concept of
>> public domain and even worse, legal infrastructure in the way of
>> releasing all rights as we want to do.
>>

> I know and would have liked if you talked with us at the time, to gather
> feedback from a pool of contributors.

Well, I couldn't have talked about it at the time anyway, and it took 2-3
years for it to even get done, soooooo...shouda, coulda, woulda....done.
next.

>  So, now if you look at the CC Zero, its called also the CC Zero Public
>> Domain Dedication tool.
>>
>> I literally fought really hard against this CC Zero branding internally
>> at CC, but no one will get to hear those tales (well maybe over some
>> beers later at LGM2011 ;), but I lost out, or rather, I moved onto my
>> new lifestyle ;) THus, CC Zero and the CC PDM both survived and now have
>> become real.
>>
>> So, we really need to go with CC Zero and these statements for our own
>> good.
>>

> With this license change and the content filtering with no opt-out (which
> troubles me *a lot*) I will probably take a looooong break from uploading
> any new content.

I'm not sure why, but looking at uploads, you already have taken a
break...ahhhhhh ;) come on man, this isn't that big of a change at
all...licensing is a big club anyway...just like cc, mostly a social
network.

There should definitely be an opt-out for the content filtering, but like
all things, power to the committers...how is your aiki hacking coming nicu?
come on? fill some bugs...

! :)

http://rejon.org/
http://fabricatorz.com/