[Clipart] CC Zero and Policies and DMCA

jon at rejon.org jon at rejon.org
Thu Dec 2 04:00:48 PST 2010

dude, no way...we should totally filter later and allow as much content in
as possible...I feel the same way! but, not helping out is the surest way to
not see that future...its your choice...we are in a better position than
ever to both update the site with aiki and using the new launchpad stuff,
really focused...we are what we eat :)

jon

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro> wrote:

> On 12/02/2010 12:23 PM, jon at rejon.org wrote:
>

>> I'm not sure why, but looking at uploads, you already have taken a
>> break...ahhhhhh ;) come on man, this isn't that big of a change at
>> all...licensing is a big club anyway...just like cc, mostly a social
>> network.
>>

> Surely you don't see my latest uploads since they are marked as NSFW and
> therefore hidden :D :D :D
>
> But I uploaded a big pack of over 50 original icons about a month ago which
> was silent, as my feed is out of Planet aggregation[1].
>

>  There should definitely be an opt-out for the content filtering, but
>> like all things, power to the committers...how is your aiki hacking
>> coming nicu? come on? fill some bugs...
>>

> Nah... is easier to put the content on my own page, under whatever rules I
> feel like... honestly, the project used to be more open, when we started it
> everybody was on the same line of thought: freedom first, filter later[*],
> now we are overrun by "think of the children".
>
> [1]
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/clipart/2010-November/011127.html
> [*] as in do NOT implement a censoring system until there is no possibility
> to skip it
>

> --
> nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com

http://rejon.org/