[Clipart] Quick update on re-working the OCAL site.

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:46:57 PST 2010

Did you guys get this?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: chovynz <chovynz at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:02 AM
Subject: quick update on re-working the OCAL site.
To: clipart-list <clipart at freedesktop.org>

Hi alll

This is just a note to let you guys know what I've done on the site.
It may be confusing for a little time due to the change, but I think this is
a better way. It's more simplified, but better.

*I've adjusted the header so that people can access or edit their own
profile directly. *

1.) The "external" profile can now be accessed by clicking on your own name.
This is what others see your profile as. It's the same method as we use
elsewhere on the site, so it makes sense to use that, instead of introducing
yet another way of doing the same thing.

2.) Editing your profile now comes under the same method as editing your own
clipart. You will see the new text. "My profile" which will take you to
/manage/profile, in the same way as My Clipart will take you to
/manage/profile. I think this is better organised in terms of navigation,
and expceted outcomes.

3.) For some reason, it doesn't like it when I'm logged in as systemgod and
when I go to my external systemgod profile it gives me an error "bad sql!".
This is ok, as I also tested the new layout on my librarian account,  and
regular account and it works as expected for them. If there is a security
issue with this please let me know. Also let me know if there is a better
way.

4.) Jon, it may be a good idea to let people know about the new way of doing
your profile. Someplace lasting and visible, since it may be months before
an artist signs in in some places.

5.) Everyone - Let me know if there are any bugs with this method. Use
Launchpad to notify me. If it's urgent, use launchpad and then email me with
the link.

--
Cheers
Chovynz