[Clipart] Less than a week until Spring Package release!

Brad Phillips brad at bradphillips.org
Tue May 18 19:13:11 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to send out a quick reminder to upload your Spring-
themed graphics to OCAL, so they can be included in our first themed
package release.  We are planning on announcing and releasing this
initial package on May 22nd, to coincide with the Libre Graphics
Meeting.  I have been working diligently, for the past week, and I
will be upping my work as I finish them off. rg1024 has already begun
this process, and he's tagged his work with the "spring2010" tag.  Is
everyone ok with using this tag to associate their clipart meant for
the package?  It's important that we have unique tags for each
release, so that all works can be located & included!

I wonder if, in future package releases, we can agree on a specific
format for these monthly package release tags.  Something like
Month_Year_Theme (i.e. May_2010_Spring).  Also I have updated the
OCAL Roadmap with a tentative release schedule (http://
www.openclipart.org/wiki/Roadmap).  I'd like to hear your thoughts.
I'm hoping to get the package above 300 images each month by the end
of the year.

Thanks very much for participating in this and helping to grow the
Open Clip Art Library Community!

Cheers,
+Brad