[Clipart] A few more images that might have public-domain issues

Nathan Eady eady at galion.lib.oh.us
Thu May 20 09:51:45 PDT 2010

chovynz <chovynz at gmail.com> writes:

> http://www.openclipart.org/detail/31387
> http://www.openclipart.org/detail/10848
> http://www.openclipart.org/detail/13007

Those do not seem to me to be obviously derived from Ewing's image.
I mean, they still look like penguin characters, but they're not
obviously the *same* character (except for the name, arguably).  The
style is just so different; I really don't see them as derivative to
any meaningful extent.

However, if their own creator has not released them into the public
domain, then that's another matter.  The other link you provide does
not appear to feature any images that I could compare to.

--
Nathan Eady
Galion Public Library