[Clipart] accessing NSFW content
nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Thu Nov 18 23:09:57 PST 2010
On 11/18/2010 10:40 PM, chovynz wrote:
> Hi Nicu
> I did have plans to make a checkbox in the user profile so that they can
> see NSFW content freely. I started working on that, then I chose to take
> a break from OCAL to sort out my business and personal life stuff.
I think is bad we implemented filtering without also providing a way to
turn it off, this is restricting freedom.
> Sorry this function hasn't been done yet. Maybe you could liase with
> Bassel and learn how to do it? Since you are a Fedora user I imagine you
> would find the concepts easy enough to learn and implement. It does need
> doing, since currently it takes away users choice, which is not
> something I like.
Yes, I contribute to various FOSS projects, but usually not with web
> the checkbox would change the sql code for the normal search to have
> show.nsfw=1 (I'm only talking of the logic of the function here, not the
> actual langauge)
> I can do replacement stuff easy enough with Ajax, but it's the Aiki
> framework and SQL queries which I need help with.
> (There may also be an easier way to achieve the result we want.)
> The end result for the user, is that one simple checkbox or setting,
> somewhere, that when ticked, it will show nsfw clipart when browsing,
> everywhere. I think in the user profile is a good place for this setting.
From a design point of view is *very* simple, do as others do and
usually is done with radio groups in settings or account profile, here
are a couple of examples:
- Google Image Search: radio group with 3 options -
Google's SafeSearch blocks web pages containing explicit sexual content
from appearing in search results.
* Use strict filtering (Filter both explicit text and explicit images)
* Use moderate filtering (Filter explicit images only - default behavior)
* Do not filter my search results
- Flickr search: radio group with 3 options -
* SafeSearch on You'd prefer to see photos and video that is safe for a
global, public audience.
* SafeSearch moderate You're OK seeing the odd "artistic nude" here or
there, but that's the limit.
* SafeSearch off You're over 18, and take full responsibility that
you're comfortable to see whatever turns up.
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com
More information about the clipart