[Clipart] To everyone : an example of how to submit a bug report.

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 11:33:47 PST 2011

Hi all!

I just wanted to share with you how easy it is to make a bug report.

I was just having a look around the clipart, specifically in the b_w tagged
cliparts because I know that tag group has a few problems. I was thinking
how to fix those problems when I came across a completly different one.
http://www.openclipart.org/detail/32461 has description text jumped up to
the top of the page. I don't know why, nor do I care. It shouldn't be there.

   - So I go to https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart and make a report on
   a new bug
   - I type in something that will describe it at a quick glance like this
   :"*error on clipart - jumped description text*" for the title
   - I write a sentence like :

   *I was browsing the clipart when I found this.
   http://www.openclipart.org/detail/32461*

   *There is text above the header. it looks like a duplicate of the
   description text. It shouldn't be there.*

Notice that I give a link to where the problem is, and describe it as much
as possible, or just enough for a dev to see what the problem is.
Just by doing bug reporting you are majorly helping out OCAL to be better.
You don't have to fix the problem, all you need to do is report it.
Every single bug report is appreciated, no matter how small or silly you
think it might be. If it's bugging you report it. Even if it's not bugging
you, report it!
If you report it, we can do something about it.

So give it a go!
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart
--
Cheers