[Clipart] Comments spam?

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 17:34:30 PST 2011

I think there are at least two sides to this. Users should be able to delete
their own comments, or at the very least, edit them. (I'm not convinced
about deleting.)

But there is also the validity that a user might need to delete/hide/remove
spam comments. e.g. in this case with Gerald.

As a counter to your statement, I think it would become pretty obvious
pretty quickly who is doing that sort of behaviour. The Librarians would
know that they have given notice, and if we set it up right there would be a
record on the database anyway.
e.g.
chovynz added a comment to clipart ######
"Example" deleted a comment on clipart ######

Librarians can hide the copyrighted clipart (they are supposed to first off
for copyrighted clipart, not just comment. Be bold! :) ) and if the user
keeps showing it when it is clearly copyrighted, then it would be time to go
to the next level for that clipart and delete it. But I don't see this
happening. Most people go "Oh sorry! I didn't realise it was copyrighted."

If we explain nicely, what is copyrighted and why, then most people will go
and change it.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Leonardo Cunha <laobcunha at gmail.com> wrote:

> About this bug, commented on
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart/+bug/712151:
>
> << If the user "Example" uploaded a copyrighted clipart and a librarian
> comments about, the user should not have the ability to delete it. It looks
> like the ability of deleting a comment should work only for the user who
> commented and librarians. Otherwise, the uploader could always delete any
> notification sent by librarian and say he was not notified of problems with
> his work. >>
>
> Opinions?
>
> Sorry for the bad English. I hope you understand what I mean.
>
> Best regards,
> Leonardo Cunha
>

> 2011/2/15 Gerald Ganson <Gerald.Ganson at rdc.ab.ca>
>
> On this topic - how can you remove comments from your own clips?
>>
>> Gerald

Cheers
Chovynz