[Clipart] Clip Art Spam Control Improvements

Brad Phillips brad at bradphillips.org
Mon Jun 20 13:16:47 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I've implemented a new "Manage" section to the comments list (http://www.openclipart.org/list/comments).

If you're a Librarian or above & you login to your account & visit that page, you'll be presented with the new section, where a 'Hide' and 'Delete' link exists for each listed comment.  I've gone ahead & removed those last 5-6 spam comments that popped up on the site recently.

Gone are the days where you have to visit each individual clip art detail page to manage the comments (though that's still possible).

Next up, I'll implement some flood control to hopefully cut down the spam flooding even further.

Cheers guys!

+Brad