[Clipart] found this while surfing

Petri Salmela pesasa at iki.fi
Sat Mar 5 14:22:28 PST 2011

On Saturday 05 March 2011 22:17:12 jon at rejon.org wrote:
> btw, we should not be naive either...there are ppl who will try to
> submit bad stuff in order to create problems too....delete delete
> delete!

Maybe some attention should be paid also on Merlin2525's images. He has been
uploading lots of raster graphics embedded in svg lately. In some descriptions
he says that those are converted to svg using this site:
  http://www.mobilefish.com/services/image2svg/image2svg.php
Those raster images however are not converted to vector graphics, but just
encoded in base64 and embedded in svg-file.

Those images are mainly from Wikipedia. He claims that they are PD, but mostly
they are not. Many of them are CC-by or CC-by-sa.

Some examples:
Bill Clinton
(PD)
http://www.openclipart.org/detail/123385
http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiedosto:Bill_Clinton.jpg

Barack Obama
(CC-by)
http://www.openclipart.org/detail/123397
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Poster-
sized_portrait_of_Barack_Obama_OrigRes.jpg

Barack Obama
(CC-by)
http://www.openclipart.org/detail/123391
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Official_portrait_of_Barack_Obama.jpg

1824 José de San Martín Oil Painting
(PD)
http://www.openclipart.org/detail/123427
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jose_de_San_Martin_por_Navez.JPG

Joseph Philippe Pierre Yves Elliott Trudeau 15th Prime Minister of Canada
(CC-by-sa)
http://www.openclipart.org/detail/123229
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pierre_Elliot_Trudeau-2.jpg

And there are several others.