[Clipart] found this while surfing

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 02:33:12 PST 2011

1.) I always hide clipart that is violating copyright. I tag them both
"pd_issue", and "copyright violation". Then I comment on why I've hidden it.
Then I hide it.

2.) I use "Copyright Violation" for things that have definitely breached
copyright. These ones always get hidden.

3.) I use "pd_issue" for things that might or might not be public domain. I
use "pd_issue" for clipart that I need to check on at a later date, or there
is some question as to the legal status. "Unchecked" is also in use for the
same thing.

4.) "Cleanup" usually has to do with fixing up the clipart somehow (too much
whitespace on document borders, unpathed text, logo that needs removing -
(if any logos are there you might need to use pd_issue + cleanup + copyright
violation)

5.) Things that have been hidden can be unhidden again, if the reason for
hiding it no longer exists, - e.g. if a logo was removed, making the
violating clipart into PD again.

Why do I use "pd_issue"? That is the tag that activates the "Copyright
violation" javascript overlay message. It's a tag from ages ago and I just
kept using it.

The key is, not to be a clipart nazi - "Don't do this", but to educate
artists and encourage correct choices "This is the way OCAL can accept your
clipart." The latter is better.

Cheers
Chovynz