[Clipart] found this while surfing

Nathan Eady eady at galion.lib.oh.us
Tue Mar 8 11:43:07 PST 2011

Petri Salmela <pesasa at iki.fi> writes:

> Maybe some attention should be paid also on Merlin2525's images...
> Those images are mainly from Wikipedia. He claims that they are PD,
> but mostly they are not. Many of them are CC-by or CC-by-sa.

To avoid duplication of effort, whenever I review any of his images
for their public domain status, I am tagging them with tags starting
with "pd_" followed by some kind of one-word reason, e.g., pd_old for
things that are in the public domain because the copyright is expired,
pd_government for things that are public domain because they come from
a government publication (in a country where this makes them PD, e.g.,
the US or Russia), and so forth.  Obviously if the image is not public
domain I would tag it pd_issue or copyright violation or trademark or
what-have-you.

That way if anyone else is looking at one of his images, and you see
that it's been tagged e.g. pd_old, you know that it's been checked
already.

--
Nathan Eady
Galion Public Library