[Clipart] Some people don't get what they expect from OCAL

Jakub Jankiewicz jcubic at onet.pl
Tue Mar 13 01:34:09 PDT 2012

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 01:23:43 +0200
Bassel Safadi <bassel.safadi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Jakub Jankiewicz <jcubic at onet.pl>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I extract new information about ocal from google analytics.
> >
> > 48.63% of people that visit the site from inkscape.org leave the
> > page from wiki.inkscape.org 44.54%
> >
> > We have some direct link and users just leave those pages
> >
> > /user-detail/igon - 47.96%
> > /tags/heart directly - 53.11%
> > /detail/100207/north-arrow-orienteering-by-morits-100207 - 48.94%
> > /detail/162529/Fap-meme - 54.91%
> >
> > there where about 3000 to 6000 visitors to that page.
> >
> > I can add referrer tracking code to those pages so maybe we will
> > know from where they come from, so we will know the links.
> >
> > by leave the page I mean they visit it and then don't click on
> > anything so maybe they don't like it.
> >
> > Users like collections 12.72% only that visit the page and then
> > click on collections leave the page. So we need more collections
> > and work on that to improve them.
> >
> > 45.69% of users that visit /collections directly leave the page we
> > have 5,241 view like that.
> >
> > maybe there is some site that put links to ocal that confuse them,
> > so they see not what they expect.
> >
> > General exit percent is 28.98%, I don't know, I think is good, but
> > it can be better, I think.
> >
> > And we have another hi traffic clipart
> > http://openclipart.org/detail/168723/simple-farm-animals-by-viscious-speed
> > almost 4000 hits from Mar 5 to Mar 11
> >

> good analytics, but how possible is that this clip had 4000 hits in 7
> days and the (viewed by) hits counter in the site only reads 2181 by
> the time of this email?

Maybe it's the same issue like with multiple registraion of the same
person, maybe they are done in parallel (or other race conditions).
This hist in Aiki is no good. OCAL should have function that will add
ip, referer datetime, and userid into database and then we can
count the rows and analyse it. Do you know if we can do this? There
will be millions of rows.

User can have disabled javascript or block google using no-script
plugin but in this case there will be more hits from OCAL and smaller
in google analytics.

Nevertheless we may just found another issue with ocal database, that
may be also Aiki issue.

> > --
> > Jakub Jankiewicz
> > twitter: @jcubic