[Clipart] Some motivation for making openclipart package releases.

Jon Phillips jon at fabricatorz.com
Fri Mar 16 00:21:59 PDT 2012

We were playing with this with openfontlibrray, like make a new git
repo for each user on github, and then push and pull the clipart.

Its not a bad idea, but just takes work for integration, and is a bit
of a nerd feature. I like it though ;)

Jon

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Jakub Jankiewicz <jcubic at onet.pl> wrote:
> What about git repo for only clipart? I think that it's good idea and
> all those users that use package could just update git every time they
> want to create new release of their package.
>
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:22:40 +0800
> Jon Phillips <jon at fabricatorz.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your post! What about making smaller packaged releases?
>>
>> The idea wasn't to abandon packages, but allow for people to "collect"
>> clipart, and then autogenerate packages.
>>
>> The size of a package of all clipart was crushing our server
>> resources.
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> 2012/3/16 shirish शिरीष <shirishag75 at gmail.com>:
>> > Hi all,
>> > This is for the openclipart devs. http://wp.me/pfuZu-ze . I do hope
>> > it helps the team in anyway. I have left out the things to do
>> > deliberately so that somebody can step up and hopefully post the
>> > links to the blueprints/TODO as a comment. I do hope it also put the
>> > argument for packaging releases at interims a little push as well.
>> > --
>> >           Regards,
>> >           Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
>> >   My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0
>> > http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
>> > http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
>> > 065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17
>>

> --
> Jakub Jankiewicz
> twitter: @jcubic
> www: http://jcubic.pl

Jon Phillips 王✳爻气 http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)