[Clipart] Automated processing of svg files messing up some clipart?

Thomas Hicks hicks.kingtom at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 18:19:53 PST 2014

Quite a while ago, I uploaded some clip art that were mostly meant to be
"templates" for others that wanted to edit clip art (although still clipart
in there own right).

One example of this is this image:
http://openclipart.org/detail/26824/kaleidoscope-3-fold-symmetry-by-tom

The nice bit was, when loaded into a program like inkscape, the elements
were in groups, and the Inkscape name-spaced tags ensured that it was easy
to edit the image without messing up the effect. [e.g. one layer active,
anything you draw gets put into that layer, and that whole layer gets
cloned to produce the effect]

 However, When I tried downloading the svg just now, it has been processed
by an automated script, and these editing niceties have been lost in the
process.

Is this intentional?

Is it possible to specify that certain clip art should not go through this
process?

Especially for clip art like this where I had to hand edit the svg file
before upload?

Would be good to know what is going on under the hood so to speak.

Thanks, Tom.