building dbus with qt support

Chris Lewis burn03 at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 29 12:31:48 PST 2004

Hello all.

I am trying to build dbus (0.22) with qt (3.3.2) support an slackware
10.0 without success. When i pass configure --enable-qt, it fails with
the messages:

configure: WARNING: Qt development libraries not found
configure: error: Qt integration explicitly required, and Qt libraries
not found

Qt is installed at /usr/lib/qt (symlink to /usr/lib/qt-3.3.2), QTDIR is
set to /usr/lib/qt, /usr/lib/qt/lib is in ld path, and
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH includes $QTDIR/include. I am not sure what could be
wrong and --help does not offer any hints in this regard.

Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks