so the kernel can send d-bus messages

Maciej Katafiasz mnews22 at wp.pl
Sat Jul 24 18:10:25 PDT 2004

W liście z nie, 25-07-2004, godz. 00:40, Havoc Pennington pisze:
> Something like:
>
> void
> connection_established_callback (DBusConnection *connection)
> {
>

> }
>
> int main()
> {
>   dbus_set_bus_connection_callback (DBUS_BUS_SYSTEM,
>                                     connection_established_callback);
>
>   dbus_bus_retry_connection (DBUS_BUS_SYSTEM);
> }
>
> Where retry_connection() queues a system bus connection to be attempted
> when the main loop runs, and eventually establishes the connection and
> invokes the callback. If the connection drops retry_connection() is
> automatically called again.
>
> If someone wants to prototype and see if this works and/or sucks, that
> would be cool.

Let me point again at:
http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/dbus/2004-July/001301.html

This leads to more general question - as I'd REALLY like to get rid of
env vars for that type of settings, where is the correct place to find
people interested in (and more importantly, capable of) doing that?
Unfortunately, I can't provide much more than enthusiasm in this area
;). To get things clear, I don't want full GConf there, rather something
simple like XSETTINGS but lower in the stack, so that it can be used by
dbus, ssh-agent, etc.

Cheers,
Maciej

--