User authentication to services
hp at redhat.com
Thu Jun 17 18:15:07 PDT 2004
Thanks for the patch, looks good overall. Some small comments:
- D-BUS code generally avoids assignment and declaration at once,
service = NULL;
- I'd probably capitalize all of "UID"
- the BaseName property replicates the functionality of
the GetServiceOwner, so we need to decide between these two.
- bus_connection_get_name() should not be able to return NULL for
a connection that owns a service, and we know this one does.
So you should _dbus_assert (base_name != NULL) rather than
setting an error in that case I'm pretty sure.
- the name "GetServiceProperty" isn't a bit funny; it's a
property of the connection, not the service.
Suggest just "GetProperty"
- dbus_bus_get_service_uid() should be consistent with
dbus_connection_get_unix_user() (in naming, and
in dbus_uint32_t vs. unsigned long)
- though I'm not sure we'll keep all of dbus-bus.[ch]
in the long run, this seems fine for now
- can't return -1 to uint32 without a cast; just use
More information about the dbus