User authentication to services

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Jun 17 21:17:13 PDT 2004

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 22:29, Kay Sievers wrote:
> +bus_driver_handle_get_service_property (DBusConnection *connection,

Can you sync this function name with the string version?
(i.e. change to "get_property")

>    if (! dbus_message_append_args (request,
>  				  DBUS_TYPE_STRING, service_name,
> +				  DBUS_TYPE_STRING, "BaseName",
>  				  DBUS_TYPE_INVALID))

Should we name this property BaseService since the spec calls it that?

As you say, should update the spec. Also, as it says in HACKING "make
check" should still pass, and it would be a plus to add a little test
for this new code.

There are two places you could test. In dispatch.c - it would look a lot
like check_hello_message() but a bit shorter. This would fully test all
the OOM cases in driver.c.
The second option is in test-dbus-glib.c, you could call
dbus_bus_get_unix_user() there and get test coverage on dbus-bus.c.
Anyway at least one of those would rock.

Thanks for your patience, just trying to be really thorough on D-BUS
patches since bugs are likely to be security problems or crash the whole
system or login session.