D-BUS on Windows?

Alex Perez aperez at student.santarosa.edu
Fri Sep 3 21:20:26 UTC 2004

Hi Jon,

Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> What would it take to get D-BUS running on Windows?  Is there anything
> particularly non-POSIXy going on in the code?

I was actually recently exploring what would be needed to do this as
well, and I was told that since Windows doesn't have unix domain socket
support, you either have to use (A) Winsock, or (B) Named pipes (which I
was also told would be preferable. If you used named pipes, it also
would work in other non-unix-domain socket OS' which means greater
portability.

If you pursue this, please, make me aware of any progress....

Cheers,
Alex Perez
GNUstep.org