USB device not removed from HAL when unplugged

Jan Mynarik mynarikj at phoenix.inf.upol.cz
Tue Sep 7 01:58:57 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 01:50, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 21:39 +0200, Jan Mynarik wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've attached (via USB) my Canon PowerShot S50 digital camera (not
> > USB-storage) and it is added to device list (see attached output from
> > lshal: hal-list.txt). But after unplugging it, it's not removed from
> > list and so that no other program using hal can recognize the removal.
> > What's the problem?
> >

> Beats me, it works for me with the CVS version. Try killing the hal
> daemon (pkill hald) and run 'hald --daemon=no' as root and post the
> output if it doesn't work. Also try using hal from CVS and run as root
>
>  HALD_VERBOSE=1 hald --daemon=no
>
> and see if that works.

Yes, it's working with CVS version from 2004-08-26. Sorry for late
reply, I was on holidays.

But I had problem that hal-hotplug-map callout wasn't called. Testing
with current CVS now.

Please CC me since I'm not subscribed to the list.

Regards,

Jan "Pogo" Mynarik

--
Jan Mynarik <mynarikj at phoenix.inf.upol.cz>