Friday's release wranglers call -- planning next release

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Fri Oct 1 00:36:03 UTC 2004

Call Friday, 11:00EDT, 8:00PDT, 5:00PM CDT

Access numbers:
  1-866-639-4713 (toll free)
  1-574-948-0365 (toll)
Passcode: 5517683

Planning the next release
-------------------------
* Scheduling
  - Tentatively set to happen in the next 6 months
  - What other organizations/companies/individuals should we be
    coordinating with?

* Release goals
  - What are the goals (e.g., features, major bug fixes, etc.) for the
    next release?
  - How can we get people involved in setting and fulfilling the goals?
  - When should the goals be set?

* Release manager
  - How should the release manager be chosen?
  - When should a release manager be chosen?

* Support infrastructure
  - What support tools do we need to start working on now to have
    prepared in time for the upcoming release?
  - What testing procedures, programs, tools, etc. are needed?
  - Examples: VSW5, tinderbox, others?

Note: This is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
      Please add topics for discussion.