Are we doing a X11R6.8.x maintaince release ?

Donnie Berkholz spyderous at gentoo.org
Tue Oct 12 08:50:02 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 09:05, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> Let me know what you think,

I'm all for it. Anything that reduces my workload (and the size of my
patchset) is more than welcome, since my free time is very finite.
Sharing "patches" like this can only help.

How long are you thinking to maintain these release branches and put out
point releases? There's no way I'd need one for more than a year, and
that's pushing it -- so my involvement with a given branch would
probably end there. I know some other distributors may be stuck
supporting things for 3-5 years after they're released.

Also, once we got multiple release branches, how would we handle that?
Apply the bugfixes to all of them, or just support the most recent, or
what?

Thanks,
Donnie
--