[SCIM] Re: Problems starting SCIM

Ming Hua minghua at rice.edu
Wed Jun 16 16:40:08 PDT 2004

Hi David,

I am not really qualified to answer your question, but I noticed
something strange in your bug report.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 01:12:32AM +0200, David Oftedal wrote:
[snipped]
> /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/immodules/im-scim.so: cannot open shared object
                   ^^^^^
[snipped]
> Cannot load module /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/immodules/im-scim.so:
                                     ^
See the difference here?  This sounds a messed up SCIM installation to
me.  You said that you are using scim 0.99 (which is actually 1.0-pre,
and _very_ incomaptible with version 0.9), and if I remember correctly,
the gtk immodules are installed in /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/immodules for scim
0.99, however your program still complain about
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/immodules/, which should only exist in scim 0.9.

> libscim-0.9.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/immodules/im-scim.so does not export GTK+ IM module
> API: libscim-0.9.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or d$

And here is another evidence, the library installed by scim 0.99 should
be libscim-0.99.so.0.

So my question is, have you installed scim 0.9 before?  And if yes, did
you clean up you scim 0.9 stuff before installing scim 0.99?

Ming
2004.06.16