[SCIM] Open Office

David david at plm11.pl
Sun Nov 14 14:14:36 PST 2004

It is some misconfiguration. I had similar problems, and I fixed this by
going through all the configuration steps again checking everything on
my way. I know of at least one person that had the same problem solved
in exactly the same way.

Have a look here: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=207328

In my case evironement variables are (check they are set by echoing them
in console):
XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"
GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
QT_IM_SWITCHER=imsw-multi
QT_IM_MODULE=scim
LANG=en_US.UTF-8

In /etc/scim/global:
/SupportedUnicodeLocales = en_US.UTF-8

My SCIM/skim is configured like this (I am on KDE, so you may want to
configure it differently):
/DefaultConfigModule = kconfig
/DefaultPanelProgram = /usr/bin/scim-panel-kde

Do not forget to generate list of gtk-immodules. In my personal case
this was exactly the step that fixed input in OpenOffice:
gtk-query-immodules-2.0 > /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules

Regards,
David