[stsf] STSF patches for Solaris 9...

Fri Jul 30 14:11:32 PDT 2004

Roland Mainz wrote:
> Is there any ETA yet for OS patches (e.g. something to "patchadd") for
> the STSF version shipped with Solaris 9 ?

STSF patches 117201-04 (sparc) & 117202-05 (x86) were released this week,
both on SunSolve and included in Solaris 9 9/04 (which despite the name,
was also released for web download this week to support the new Opteron
machines) - Jay or Alex will have to tell you which STSF open source
release they correspond to, but they include these fixes:

(from 117202-05)
5067089 [metropolis 12] STSF Chinese rendering result is not acceptable
5048680 Bold font emulation is needed for Asian font.
5067795 [cinnabar] Japanese chars cannot be slant with STSF.
5065960 [cinnabar-solaris] 8bit color depth Asia glyph render result too bad

(from 117202-04)
5063909 [cinnabar] Font rendered as "bold" in Japanese locale
4997203 Opera browser cannot render fonts (STSF problems?)
5064804 Japanese fonts in GNOME are ugly

(from 117202-03)
5049175 Running GNOME clients remotely shouldn't crash remote Xserver
5061404 mozilla URL text runs out of box and all over other buttons
5054000 Some fonts in JDS do not have correct spacing
5054083 Xserver crashes when many fonts are opened
5054770 Lucida font not showing up

(from 117202-02)
5048581 Text is unreadable

(from 117202-01)
4959585 xstshowfont close crashes Xserver
5030512 XSun crashes after execution of "xstls -l; xstls -l"

(The STSF Solaris patches include STSF, Xst, & the Xft bridge library.
  You'll either need to login to your local SunSolve site with a support
  contract, or goto the free-for-all http://sunsolve6.sun.com/ to download
  them.  I don't know why they've released the x86 -05 but are only up to
  -04 on sparc.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com