[stsf] autoconfize XST and xftbridge

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Mon Aug 7 19:45:05 PDT 2006

Hi all,

In last week, I started to autoconfize Xst and xftbridge.
Current status is available from:
	http://www.gyve.org/~mpsuzuki/stsf-0.8.8.1-20060807.tar.gz
As the version says, it is not latest version (0.11.x),
because the latest version has been broken as I've reported.

At present, STSF itself is not autoconfized yet, so
building whole before installation is not recommended.
The location of uninstalled STSF libraries will be hardwired.
Autoconfization of STSF itself is my next task.

BTW, it's impossible to layout Unicode text properly via xftbridge.
Because, in xftbridge, XftDrawGlyphs() is executed by XST
functions, but XftDrawStringUtf8() etc converts Unicode
strings into a serie of glyph index directly, by FreeType
functions, without OpenType or TrueType GX, therefore,
the glyph index does not refer the right shape as a part
of Unicode string. I'm not sure if Sun people had found
some difficulty and gave it up.

Regards,
mpsuzuki

P.S.
The building procedure will be something like:

# building STSF

( cd stsf \
  && ./configure \
        --prefix=%{_stsf_prefix} \