[systemd-devel] Problems from using systemd-40

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jul 9 07:48:21 PDT 2012

On Wed, 04.07.12 09:13, Yongsong Liu (ysliu0817 at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi All:
>        Now,I want to transplant systemd into tinycore system, I find a lots
> of problems by using systemd-40.

Please try to use more recent versions of systemd, if possible.

>       1. Failed to open /dev/kmsg for logging: No such file or directory.
>           CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y in my custom kernel

Hmm, this sounds suspicious. AFAIK you cannot actually disable /dev/kmsg
when building the kernel, so I have no idea.

We have a short list of required kernel compile options in
README. Please have a look.

>       2. Logind service fail to start
>           Starting Login service...
>           Starting D-Bus System Message Bus...
>           Both of them start in the same time, but Login service quickly
> return failure and don't block
>      I can't fix what cause those problems. I hope someone give me some
> advice.

logind depends on dbus, so if dbus fails, logind will fail too.

Please check the logs to see why dbus might have failed.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.