[Uim] Please review Uim Developer's Document

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Wed Jul 7 22:43:00 EEST 2004

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 12:58:18 +0900
YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:

> I think that it should be thought in the context of recent
> inter-framework cooperation. i.e. Should we continue developing
> the helper API and components?
>
> My opinion about the cooperation with SCIM had already expressed
> as below. The opinion implies possible discontinuance of the
> helper system, although it is just a possible way.
>
> http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/uim/2004-June/000457.html
>
> But I think that to establish the common infrastructure between
> IM frameworks corresponding to the helper system of uim is the
> best way for developers and users, if possible and reasonable.

I think such establishment is worth but difficult. All of us would not
hope increase of dependency unless certain worth to depend. e.g. very
good stability, maintainability and so on.

> I want to know opinion of the other developers. Kazuki,
> Hiroyuki, Yusuke, what do you think about the future of helper
> system and our development resources?

IMO, in the long term, we should establish the common infrastructure if
possible. In the short term, we should improve our weird helper APIs. (I
will reply concreate API improvements later.)

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
http://kodou.net/