[Uim] How to turn on the input method as soon as the uc is created?

James Su suzhe at tsinghua.org.cn
Sun Jul 11 10:42:44 EEST 2004

Hi,
  In SCIM, there is an on/off mode, but this mode is controlled by
FrontEnd and have nothing to do with IMEngines. If SCIM is turned on,
then all key events will be sent to the focused IMEngine instance,
otherwise the events will not be processed and will be forwarded back to
the client instead.
  In IMEngines, there should be an input mode status, e.g. conversion
mode, direct input mode, full width letter mode etc. In SCIM's current
IMEngines, like pinyin, table, rawcode etc., the default input mode is
conversion mode (The default conversion mode, if there is more than one
conversion modes).
  By default SCIM is turned off, when user turn on SCIM by a trigger key
(by default is ctrl+space), the input mode of the focused IMEngine
should be in the default conversion mode. Then user don't need to change
the input mode into conversion mode anymore.

  So, my question is, if it's possible to put an uim context into the
default conversion mode as soon as it's created?

Regards
James Su