[Uim] How to turn on the input method as soon as the uc is created?

yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp
Thu Jul 15 16:21:48 EEST 2004

From: James Su <suzhe at tsinghua.org.cn>
Subject: Re: [Uim] How to turn on the input method as soon as the uc is created?
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:47:10 +0800

> Hi,
>   I'm just using this method. But at least, uim-canna uses ctrl+\ as the
> trigger key.
Oops, that may be a bug. I will ask author later.

>   SCIM does not prevent IMEngines from handling their own trigger keys,
> though scim itself has an on/off key. The global on/off key can not be
> same as the IMEngines' trigger keys.
Yeah, I know. Then, how about IMengines to request front
end to turn on input method from beginning?
Apart from uim, it is compatible with Windows and MacOS.
Also some users of some input method like m17n-en-ispell may
not want to turn it on explicitly.