[Uim] Web page management

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Tue Jul 27 09:26:36 EEST 2004

Hi Hiroyuki, I'm sorry for my inactivities on uim.

At Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:46:04 +0900,
tkng at xem.jp wrote:
> Web page is quite important, because most people don't check other
> stuff such as MailingList, subversion repository.
>
> So, we should make reader-friendly web page and update it frequently
> wherever possible. We must improve our project page.

I agree with you.

> There are a few improvement proposals.
>
> First, there is a restriction of ContentsManagementSystem. We cannot use
> any CMS if we keep our official URI http://uim.freedesktop.org/, because
> it's a part of wiki of freedesktop.org. (Of course we'll be able to use
> our own CMS if we submit a request, but I don't want to so.) Though I
> think the best way to update frequently is using CMS. So, next way is
> splitting news page to other URI. (E.G.
> http://freedesktop.org/~tkng/uimnews/)

How much text do you expect?

I think that wiki of freedesktop is sufficient for frequent news
update by combining with mailinglist archive. See following example.

http://uim.freedesktop.org/Software/UimNews

---+++ 2004-06-06  What's going on in the Qt world?

In last month, the immodule project got a good notification from
Trolltech about merging the patch. I was glad to be notified so
as a participant of the immodule project. [[http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/uim/2004-June/000370.html][full description]]

The list offers signature and discussion.

Although the full description is written in plain text in the
case, what we have to do first is to write sufficient articles
rather than preparing CMS.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp