[Uim] Setting up for (traditional) Chinese and Japanese input on a modern GNOME installation

Duncan Mak duncan at ximian.com
Thu Sep 2 19:35:00 EEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 20:50 +0800, James Su wrote:
> Hi,
>   Which distribution are you using? And which version of gtk2 are you
> using? Could you please try scim-0.99.9 uim-0.4.2.1 and scim-uim-0.1.3
> to see if the first two bugs can be fixed?

I'm running a beta build of SuSE now. I'll update to the latest versions
and see if this problem goes away.

>   If you are using gtk2 2.4.x, you can not use the binary package for
> suse 9.1. Please compile and install scim from source.

I have gtk2-2.4.9-0.2 installed. This might be the culprit, and the
reason for the spotting performance I see at start-up time. I'll
recompile from source today, but can you make the source RPM available?

Do you think the problem with the enter key in gaim is related to gtk+
2.2 vs. 2.4 as well?

thanks,

--
Duncan Mak <duncan at ximian.com>