[Uim] Korean input

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Tue Jul 19 21:03:41 EEST 2005

On 19 Jul 2005 21:52:33 +0900
Park Jae-hyeon <jhpark at kias.re.kr> wrote:

> > >It uses a very primitive style of romanization - For instance,
> > >"Kamsa hamnida" has to be written "gamsa habnida". However, it
> > >does differentiate between initial r and final l. When a syllable
> > >is ambiguous, it can be terminated using the space bar, but it
> > >usually isn't necessary.
> >
> > Is there a particular reason to settle on the old romanization
> > style?  All literature I encounter seems to use "kamsa hamnida"
> > versus "gamsa habnida".
>
> Roughly speaking, "kamsa hamnida" is how 감사합니다 is pronounced, and
> "gamsa habnida" is how it is written.  You do not expect an `English
> input method' to translate "inuf" to "enough", or a Japanese input
> method to translate "tokyo" to "toukyou".

Hmm, that's interesting. Now I have a question, if there's no Hangul
keyboard, how do you type Hangul text? For example, in overseas travel,
how do you write e-mail to your family?

Can I ask another question? How do you think about romaja.scm of uim?
i.e. is it usable for native Korean users?

I think it's useful for non-Korean Hangul users, but I can't guess we
can say it's useful for Korean Hangul users.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
tkng at xem.jp