about <match> value -- file /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml

westlake westlake2012 at videotron.ca
Thu Jan 17 12:37:34 PST 2013

When I look at things like
"
<match value="MSCF\0\0\0\0" type="string" offset="0"/>
"
( file /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml )
-- Who would I address ^ this particular element from this file to?

   It is because of <match> values that there's a 2+ minute delay when
listing filetypes(Nautilus/Dolphin, but not cli tools like mc and lynx)
on an ssl+webdav mountpoint

I highly doubt anybody knows how to address this on a generic mailing
list, which is why I was asking who really understands about how this
file is used inside-out..

Also it is a very rare problem I have, but it is very frequent for me,
because not many people know how to make an ssl+webdav as a mountpoint..

I can't find a particular solution to my problem other than trying for
myself to comment out the <match> elements..

Where would I address this problem more suitably?

Thanks..

-Scott