Is gnome or nautilus fully compliant to freedesktop spec?

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Fri Jan 18 04:45:24 PST 2013

Le vendredi 18 janvier 2013, à 23:27 +1100, jupiter a écrit :

> >> I was not able to list the application menu on desktop menu in gnome,
> >> but works on KDE and xfce.
> >
> > You mean, by right-clicking on the desktop (we don't have that in
> > GNOME)? Or something else?
>
> No, the application menu did not list in gnome desktop menu.

I'm sorry, I still don't really understand the issue. Can you maybe
provide a screenshot? Also, is the XDG_MENU_PREFIX environment variable
set?

[...]

> >> Path=$HOME
> >
> > There's no support for environment variables in the desktop entry spec,
> > and therefore there's no guarantee that this will work on all
> > implementations.
>
> But how do you set up the Path to your home working directory?

When you log in your desktop, by default, the current working directory
is $HOME. So your desktop has this as current directory, and therefore
all apps started by your desktop will have this as current directory. So
you shouldn't need it.

(arguably, there will be some edge cases where this is not true, like if
you restart part of your desktop from a terminal and the current
directory is not $HOME there, but that's really edge cases)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.