[Xlibs] does xft-2.1.2 really require xrender >= 0.8.2 ?

Jeremy C. Reed reed@reedmedia.net
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:53:16 -0800 (PST)

I am using xft-2.1.2.

xlibs/Xft/configure.ac changed to check 0.8.2 for xrender in revision 1.11
in May: "Bump version to 2.1.2".

I think this configure check is only done if pkg-config is setup for
xrender.

I overwrote xrender related libs and headers by installing XFree86 4.3.0
libraries. This has RENDER_MAJOR 0 and RENDER_MINOR 8. As far as I can
tell building and using xft-2.1.2 with this is fine.

Does xft-2.1.2 really require xrender >= 0.8.2 ?

(By the way, I am working on creating packages for the "pkgsrc"
collection. I am stuck with having conflicts with XFree86 4.3.0 libraries
and render, xrender, and MesaLibs -- they depend on each other. So I am
working on making sure that render, xrender, and MesaLibs packages are
never installed if using XFree86 4.3.0 libraries. Maybe I should use your
xlibs project instead of XFree86 4.3.0 libraries ... maybe that would be
easier.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/