The ati petition

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sat Sep 4 16:55:46 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 18:53, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > If the previous driver
> > worked, then there's a fix available, and the system works.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.
> Are you saying that if it worked with the XFree86 version in FC-1
> then there is "a fix available"?

Yes, these kinds of regressions are usually caused by fairly trivial
bugs, this one probably slipped through because no one tested that exact
hardware.

> > Can you provide more information that 'it doesn't work'?
>
> If run with the config file that worked in FC-1,
> with DefaultDepth 16, I get a large black oval
> which gradually changes to a blank white screen.
> There is no X error reported.

Have you filed a bug report against FC2?  This is probably your best
bet, especially considering FC1 worked.  There's probably no point in
trying CVS because there's been no activity on your xorg bug, probably
because you were using a vendor release.

Lee