[Xorg] Multi-user systems

Svetoslav Slavtchev svetljo at gmx.de
Mon Sep 6 02:40:00 PDT 2004

> Hi Svetoslav and staff,

Hi Alexandre,

> I am sending this email to inform you that the multi-head system is
> operational and with 6 16/32MB TNT2 M64 nVidia cards with GDM and all.

that's great news
very happy to hear it :-)

> I would like start using the 2.6.x kernel for this project. Is there any
> information for a patch for bruby or a src.rpm package on the subject?

it's not bruby it's ruby :-)
you can checkout latest code from linuxconsole's cvs

or there are patches extracted from cvs
for linux-2.6.1 till 2.6.8.1 here
http://www.saring.de/derdani/ruby/index.html

i have (quite havy) patched src.rpm's for Mandrake
which teoretically should work on any distro
my latest src.rpm is based on linux-2.6.7
and is available on any Mandrake-cooker (devel version) mirror
just get kernel-multimedia-2.6.7-....src.rpm
and rebuild it with :
rpm --rebuild [kernel src.rpm] --with ruby

my curent i-net storage is at :
http://mandrake.contactel.cz/people/svetljo/mandrake/
or
ftp://mandrake.contactel.cz/people/svetljo/mandrake/

there you can find older kernel (no)src.rpm's
and patched xorg rpms for Mandrake

best,

svetljo

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/07/07/0217255&mode=nested&tid=147&tid=187

http://cvs.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SPECS/xorg-x11/Xorg-6.7.0-isolate_device.patch?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

--
NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail