X.Org Foundation Official Release of X Window System X11R6.8.1

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Sat Sep 18 17:40:35 PDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 01:42:31AM +0200, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

> > If you look at the xc/config/cf/xorg.cf file (after untarring the source
> > tarballs), you'll see that the release version is 6.8.1 and the release
> > date is 17 September 2004.
> It looks like sources at http://freedesktop.org/~xorg/X11R6.8.1 were wrong
> (displayed 6.8.0 etc). I've checked ftp.x.org sources and these are fine.

This is very odd, and I'm wondering if there isn't something else going
on here (since multiple people are reporting this problem).  Could you
verify with the md5sums that you have the correct versions downloaded?

I've just re-verified that the versions on x.org, fdo and the ones I
have here locally are identical.  I've just finished building and
installing the release here, and have now verified that the release
version is 6.8.1 and the date is 17 September 2004.