xorg 6.8.x and nvidia new driver 6111

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 14:40:37 PDT 2004

With the nvidia binary driver, and xcompmgr running, I see bizzare
maximization issues with xterm and Moz.

Maximizing these apps doesn't increase the visible area in the
application, instead it expands the drop shadow to fill the remainder
of the screen. Xfce allows moving maximized windows, so I move the
window and then snap it back to the screen edges. This eliminates the
shadow issue.

I didn't report it because the binary driver was involved.

-Erik

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:35:41 +0200, Sebastian Pigulak
<dreamin at interia.pl> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:46:05 +0200
> Amir Bukhari <ufz6 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
>
> > Yes, it work with me. I run latest Xorg with nvidia driver 6111.
> >

> Yes, it works indeed although there seem to be some problems with windows redrawing. For example:try to maximize your favourite terminal with xcompmgr enabled but don't make it transparent. What you will see is commonly known as display corruption. I don't know if it happens on all nvidia cards, so if somone was kind enough to confirm this bug i'd really appreciate it.

-Erik