I2C driver directory

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Thu Sep 30 06:21:21 PDT 2004

On Iau, 2004-09-30 at 14:48, Alex Deucher wrote:
> I have no idea.  I've never seen any.  S3/VIA may have made some for
> use in set top boxes and such using their integrated savages.  here's
> the original tarball they released to Alan Cox:
> http://www.botchco.com/alex/S3/S3.zip
> here's their implementation:
> http://www.botchco.com/alex/S3/LinuxDriver/2D/savage_video.c

VIA certainly did promos of an EPIA like system with two TV tuners and
their strange kernel side not-quite-v4l driver setup supports them if
present.

I've never seen such a system but the description fits analogue "smart"
video recorder technology descriptions very well if you were to add a
low end mpeg encoder chip, so who knows.