Xorg 7.0-rc1 and EXA (radeon 9200)

Marcin 'Morgoth' Kurek morgoth6 at box43.pl
Thu Oct 27 15:40:19 PDT 2005

Hell[o] Benjamin,

On 2005-10-25, you wrote:

> Does this work for you ?

OK, works fine now. ThX ! Anyway EXA is still incredible slow under Gnome
here, I try to disable SubPixel antialiasing with no effect. For example I
try to run glxgears under Gnome and it works fine but it stops for a second
(It looks like a X lockup, mouse pointer stops, display for glxgear stops)
... it works fine for a 1-2 seconds then stops for 1 second and works 1-2
second and stops ... Running xcompmgr doesn't help there.

But KDE is a diffrent thing. When I enable the KDE composite menager it
starts to work realy fast with EXA, what can I say ? I am amazed now. With
SubPixel disabled and composite enabled my system works realy fast now.

But what about Gnome ?

Regards
--
 :: Morgoth/Dreamolers-CAPS && TBS ::