xorg-server-1.3.99.2 xprint compile error [+patch]

Gerte Hoogewerf g.hoogewerf at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 08:18:30 PDT 2007

I was trying to build xorg-server-1.3.99.2 and ran into a build error.

I issued configure like this:
 ./configure --enable-xprint

Undefined references when linking hw/xprint/Xprt caused the build
process to abort. Among the undefined symbols there were dbus- and hal
functions. The NewInputDeviceRequest and DeleteInputDeviceRequest
symbols were also missing.

I fixed both problems and created a small patch to illustrate my changes:
http://gerte.nietbelangrijk.nl/xorg-server-1.3.99.2_xprint_compile_fix.txt

In other terms: I added two stub functions and added common libs to Xprt_LDADD.
Although I'm not sure the fixes are correct I thought it would be good
to report it here.

Kind regards,
Gerte