7.3 release progress

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Tue Sep 4 18:41:31 PDT 2007

The threatened date of 2007-09-05 is tomorrow.  We've nearly reached a
point where the remaining bugs are of limited enough severity that we'll
be releasing with them, and if people can come up with fixes we'll just
roll a 1.4.1 soon afterwards.

Here's about what I'm seeing now.  I've been reassured about the limited
severity of the non-bugzilla issues noted in the previous post.

5392:   doc tracker:
        5380: small note about fontconfig suggested, doesn't seem
                blocker-class.
        6193: some drivers need gl.h but don't check during
                configure.ac.  Distributions already handle the
                dependency, so I don't care enough to fix it.
        11566: about-catalog-dir-FPE text, which is a new feature this
		release.  Pushed to master, anyone else to approve?
6842:   crash during VT switch reported against 7.1.  I haven't seen this
        one.  Anyone else?
7248:	PCI domain issues.  Was left in in 1.3, will fixed in master with
	pci-rework.
7512:	Minor memory leak easily reproduced against Xvfb, but not tracked
	down.
11796:  big-endian issue, attached patch was later decided against by author.
11802:	input issue, maintainer can't reproduce.
*11831: input issue, maintainer can't reproduce? I can.  The code to get
	the key releases done certainly appears to be there, so it looks
	like just a bug and not an i-h oversight.
11839:	capslock/numlock leds not getting set.
11852:  driver-specific multihead issue, not a blocker.
*12055: Crasher.  compiz just plain doesn't run for me, so someone else
	needs to care.
12145:  zaphod mode cursor issue.  Anyone care enough to fix?

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com