XMODMAP ERROR

pratish ganguly pratish.ganguly at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 04:52:03 PDT 2007

Dear all

         I have two systems on which I have two different versions of Fedora
installed. The first one has Fedora Core 3 installed on it with
xmodmap-1.0.3 ( saw the version using man modmap at the bottom of the manual
page ). The second system has Fedora Core 7 installed on it with
xmodmap-1.0.1 ( saw the version using man xmodmap at the bottom of the
manual page). The problem is , that on FC7 , I am getting the default scroll
lock behaviour like I can use the arrow key up and down alone for scrolling
when i am pressing the scroll lock key but the LED does not glow, whereas on
FC3 I am getting the LED to glow when the Scroll Lock key is pressed, but no
scroll lock behaviour is being implemeted thereafter.
         I tried the following code for making the LED to glow on FC3 (but
no scroll lock behaviour being implemented )
                                       xmodmap -e 'add mod3 = Scroll_Lock'
        But this command on FC7 enables the scroll lock behaviour of the key
, but the LED does not glow.

        Am I missing something here ? Kindly suggest me some pointers to the
problem .

With best regards
Pratish Ganguly