News ATI drivers

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Fri Sep 14 03:03:59 PDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 10:25:28AM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Will the new Novell driver use the 3D engine of new cards directly or
> will it rely on microcode 2D emulation ?

We have pretty much the same docs as you all have. Actually, the m56
one has more info than what we did our work with, and we only received
the m56 doc last friday. This info would've meant that egbert hadn't
found out how to kill the EDID roms on some monitors :))

As you can clearly see, there is nothing there for 2 or 3D
acceleration... yet...

We've been begging for at least some 2D acceleration since half july,
but John Bridgman is having a very hard time pulling information out on
the current stuff as it is. We're still waiting on several bits that are
clearly missing from the current docs.

Luc Verhaegen.